Question
Posted by: loosing weght | 2007/05/10

Chia

Hi there, i have been doing cardio for 14 weeks now..4 times a week(the goal was to tone my lower body), i have realised the visibility of cellulite, can loosing weight make it more visible?what can i do to get rid of it?
With the current training is it possible to be all toned by October?
Please help

Losing weight will help you combat cellulite, so you are on the right track. cellulite is fat stored beneath the skin and so any exercise that helps to lose fat will help to combat it. I can see ho it may become a relative problem, once you start losing weight, but you are certainly on the right track.

Having reached 14 weeks, what you need to start looking at now is whether you are training at the right intensity. Often, people will train for long enough and often enough, but not train quite hard enough. Not that I'm saying you should go out there and exhaust yourself, but slight increases can make a big difference. So look at that, look also at the type of training you are doing - the addition of some weight training might make quite a nice contribution to your progress. So if you aren't doing the circuilt training at the gym, add that for sure. but keep going on the cardio, as this is still important. But adding in even one day of weight training could make a difference. As for your goal of October, it might be long enough, depends on where you are though, that is difficult to say. It's worth trying for though!

1
Posted by: Chia | 2007/05/13

Thank you Doc,i feel much better now.I am going to capitalise on the Winter season and see how it goes

Reply to Chia