Question
Posted by: Scared | 2005/11/24

Chest/Throat pain

I recently inhaled a rat poison by mistake and have started experiencing chest pains which become worse when I swallow something....

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Scared,

Please contact your nearest Poisons Control Centre. You need to know exactly what poison it was, so that you can be told of what the possible after-effects can be. It is possible that you have damaged your oesophagus, and may need treatment urgently.

Most large cities have a Poison control centre – check in your phone directory. Otherwise you can contact your GP, or the nearest large state or private hospital for the information.

HeartDoc.