Our expert says:
Please contact your nearest Poisons Control Centre. You need to know exactly what poison it was, so that you can be told of what the possible after-effects can be. It is possible that you have damaged your oesophagus, and may need treatment urgently.
Most large cities have a Poison control centre – check in your phone directory. Otherwise you can contact your GP, or the nearest large state or private hospital for the information.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.