Posted by: Lizette | 2008/07/28

Chest pains

Since January 2008 I have been in and out of hospital. I can sit and be relaxed or even asleep and suddenly I get severe chest pains, usually in the centre of my chest and then it moves to my tummy. I also start to feel very hot and start to sweat, my mouth goes very dry and feel very dizzy and weak. I have headache 24/7. I usually go to a private hospital casualty when I feel like this they always admit me into ICU on monitors and drips because my pulse is always too fast. Last time I was admitted my pulse was a 145 beats a minute. Each time I get put on antibiotics. Antibiotics since January 2008. Recently my tummy is cramping and I have chronic diaree. What is the cause to the chest pains and what can be done to fix it rather then to give me stronger and stronger antibiotics all the time.

Hi Lizette
I think you should make an appointment with a physician for a full medical check up - things that needs to be checked are your thyroid, , your adrenal glands, your lungs, your heart and you may need a barium swallow test or gastroscopy to exclude esophageal spasm or hiatus hernia. You may have diarrhoea due to all the antibiotics you took - they may need to send a sample to the lab to test for overgrowth of bacteria. Try using kaopectin and probiotics 3 times a day in the mean time.