Question
Posted by: Pauline | 2003/12/02

Chest Pains

Good day
I recently started having chest pains, that i find it a lillte difficult to breath, what could this be, and i also have constant pian on my right lower side more or less where your appendix is situated, went to the doctor but he can't tell me what it is.
thanks

Pauline, it’s difficult to say without examining you first, but it might be due to something like pleurisy. You can try taking an anti-inflammatory for a couple of days, but if it doesn’t clear up within a couple of days, the best would be to see your doctor. You can also e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za if you’re interested in something I wrote on the causes of chest pain. Good luck.