Question
Posted by: Fitz | 2007/03/20

Chest pain while moving and should pain

I've had this issue for over two years now, but it never was (and still isn't) serious enough that I thought it necessary to consult anyone about it. My issue is I have chest pain (it feels like my ribs and breastbone are pushing against each other) whenever I move at certain angels i.e. if I twist my upper body or I move my arms over my head. Also, my right shoulder started paining recently, and I noticed that my left shoulder is wider than my right shoulder by about 1-2 centimeters. Surely the pain and disparity in the width of my shoulders can't be growth pains? I'm a 21 year old male.
Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Fitz

Dear Fitz
Yes you may have injured or dislocated one of the joints between the ribs and the breastbone at some point in time - I think you should let a GP have a look and do an x/ray if needed. You may have to see an orthopod before this gets worse.