Question
Posted by: Tienie | 2007/02/28

Chest pain on right side of heart

I am a 29 year old male, this morning I had a 1 hour workout at the gym. During the workout I had a slight pain in the middle of my chest more or less where my heart is but a little more to the right. After the workout the pain became more severe and now it is very painfull especially if I lift my right arm. Over last week or two I have been feeling more out of breath than normally and I slackened the pace a little. What is your advise?

Hallo Tienie
Although this sounds more like a chest wall pain, if you have a family history of heart problems, high bloodpressure or high cholesterol, rather be safe and let your GP do an ECG. You could take anti-inflammatory like Neurofen if you are not allergic to anything. Heart pain or angina feels like a heavyness in the chest, spreading to the left arm and jaw especially while exercising and subsiding a bit with rest.