Posted by: Tienie | 2007/02/28

Chest pain on right side of heart

I am a 29 year old male, this morning I had a 1 hour workout at the gym. During the workout I had a slight pain in the middle of my chest more or less where my heart is but a little more to the right. After the workout the pain became more severe and now it is very painfull especially if I lift my right arm. Over last week or two I have been feeling more out of breath than normally and I slackened the pace a little. What is your advise?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Tienie
Although this sounds more like a chest wall pain, if you have a family history of heart problems, high bloodpressure or high cholesterol, rather be safe and let your GP do an ECG. You could take anti-inflammatory like Neurofen if you are not allergic to anything. Heart pain or angina feels like a heavyness in the chest, spreading to the left arm and jaw especially while exercising and subsiding a bit with rest.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.