Posted by: in pain | 2010/03/31

chest pain

i hav this pain in the lower left part of my chest just below the rib cage, it been going on for about 6 mnths now, it some times hurts as if its burning n cools off once in a while, ive been to two doctors who say that they dont see anything wrong n that it must just be a muscle pull, i still feel the pain on a daily basis n i think i must hav lung cancer or heart disease, im startin to think that i need to get an x-ray to really find out, im a smoker who smokes a 10 pack a day and joggs 3 times a week could this be part of the problem? plz advise

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

I suggest that you get a third opinion and that you have a chest x-ray and blood tests done. It is possible that it is caused by a strained muscle or costo-condritis. However, the doctor will also have to exclude other possibilities (kidney enlargement or sub-acute infection) for this chronic pain.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.