Question
Posted by: AGM | 2008/01/22

Chest Pain

My son of 9 years has a pain in his right chest. The pain comes after a long time like once or twice a month or sometimes after two to three months for about 3 minutes and goes of. I took him to a Paediatrician last year; they did an X-ray it showed nothing because the pain was not there anymore. Yesterday he had it but it lasted for 10 minutes.

Can you please suggest the specialist that I can take my son too for more tests?

Thank you in advance

Dear AGM
It may just be a muscle spasm he gets – a normal GP can have a look and then refer him to a pediatrician if needed. ( just check how heavy his school bag is – maybe you should get him one that has wheels)

1
Posted by: Ruby | 2008/01/22

Hello, I am not a doctor, so rather wait for the doctors' post. I am just someone who went to the doctor with chest pain. Been through so many tests and everything came back normal. I then went to see an internal medicine specialist, he was very good and could immediately tell that I have a hernia, causing the pain. An internal medicine doctor can normally pick up what the problem is and then (if he dont treat it himself) he will refer you to the right specialist (polmonologist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist or whatever). Chestpain is normally difficult, cause it could be in so many different dissiplines.Good luck!!

Reply to Ruby