Posted by: AGM | 2008/01/22

Chest Pain

My son of 9 years has a pain in his right chest. The pain comes after a long time like once or twice a month or sometimes after two to three months for about 3 minutes and goes of. I took him to a Paediatrician last year; they did an X-ray it showed nothing because the pain was not there anymore. Yesterday he had it but it lasted for 10 minutes.

Can you please suggest the specialist that I can take my son too for more tests?

Thank you in advance

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear AGM
It may just be a muscle spasm he gets – a normal GP can have a look and then refer him to a pediatrician if needed. ( just check how heavy his school bag is – maybe you should get him one that has wheels)
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Ruby | 2008/01/22

Hello, I am not a doctor, so rather wait for the doctors' post. I am just someone who went to the doctor with chest pain. Been through so many tests and everything came back normal. I then went to see an internal medicine specialist, he was very good and could immediately tell that I have a hernia, causing the pain. An internal medicine doctor can normally pick up what the problem is and then (if he dont treat it himself) he will refer you to the right specialist (polmonologist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist or whatever). Chestpain is normally difficult, cause it could be in so many different dissiplines.Good luck!!

Reply to Ruby

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.