Question
Posted by: ocean88 | 2007/11/26

chest pain

hi dr

i get this chest pain every now and then but lately its being quite regular, its usually on the left breast region, a sharp stabbing pain gets worst when im moving or when i breath, sumtimes my arm gets like numb or should i say weak, nothing seems to work to releave the pain, it comes very sudden i can be doing anything,

what should i do

Dear Ocean88
This could be a nerve pain ( irritation of nerve root in the chest area) or a nerve of the ribs or an inflammation in the muscle (Bornholm disease). You need to have a chest x/ray to exclude lung problems, and an examination by a doctor to try and pinpoint the cause, so that it can be treated with anti-inflammatories or cortisone injection.
dr Bets

3
Posted by: ann | 2008/03/28

i was told by my doctor in January that i have Bornholms disease. He did no xrays or test and gave my only anti inflamitry to take. he never said if i can psss it on or if i should stop taking my hormone tablets. please tell me what i must do i am still getting very bad pains and find that they are worst when i am tired or just after i have eaten a big meal.i am 49 year female.

Reply to ann
Posted by: zane | 2008/02/15

dear
the chest pain that I am gettingis like a needle being inserted,please assist

Reply to zane
Posted by: angel | 2007/11/27

i suggest that you go see your doctor as soon as possible, it could be your heart. my dad has exactly the same problem. How old are you if i may ask? You must ask your doctor for this stuff you spray under your tongue, i cant remember what its called but its a red substance in a spray bottle. It takes the pain away immediately.

Reply to angel