Posted by: ocean88 | 2007/11/26

chest pain

hi dr

i get this chest pain every now and then but lately its being quite regular, its usually on the left breast region, a sharp stabbing pain gets worst when im moving or when i breath, sumtimes my arm gets like numb or should i say weak, nothing seems to work to releave the pain, it comes very sudden i can be doing anything,

what should i do

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Ocean88
This could be a nerve pain ( irritation of nerve root in the chest area) or a nerve of the ribs or an inflammation in the muscle (Bornholm disease). You need to have a chest x/ray to exclude lung problems, and an examination by a doctor to try and pinpoint the cause, so that it can be treated with anti-inflammatories or cortisone injection.
dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: ann | 2008/03/28

i was told by my doctor in January that i have Bornholms disease. He did no xrays or test and gave my only anti inflamitry to take. he never said if i can psss it on or if i should stop taking my hormone tablets. please tell me what i must do i am still getting very bad pains and find that they are worst when i am tired or just after i have eaten a big meal.i am 49 year female.

Reply to ann
Posted by: zane | 2008/02/15

the chest pain that I am gettingis like a needle being inserted,please assist

Reply to zane
Posted by: angel | 2007/11/27

i suggest that you go see your doctor as soon as possible, it could be your heart. my dad has exactly the same problem. How old are you if i may ask? You must ask your doctor for this stuff you spray under your tongue, i cant remember what its called but its a red substance in a spray bottle. It takes the pain away immediately.

Reply to angel

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.