Question
Posted by: Hermes | 2005/05/31

Chest pain

Good day, i would like to know
-if it's possible to get chest pains from some problem in one's neck? Maybe stiffness or irritable nerves.
-if it can influence one's heart rate?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Good day to you Hermes:
It is unlikely that your neck will cause chest pains. Chest pains can originate from various regions or organs such as the heart, lungs etc.. and even from the thoracic region of your spine - such pain is referred along the intercostal nerves and may be experienced as a pain in the chest. Your chiropractor or GP should be able to diagnose and advise you accordingly.

3
Posted by: dEEPS | 2005/07/20

hi my mum suffers with her lower back and she recently has been having chest pains! She has gone for many tests but the doctors can not pick up anything! Is there anything she can do? she also has diabeties and takes the insulin injection!

Reply to dEEPS
Posted by: JOY | 2005/06/07

Bob sounds like a chiropractor !! What he says is exactly what my chiro told me.

Reply to JOY
Posted by: Bob | 2005/06/02

Chest pain can be sourced from multiple places. First make sure you have been checked out by your GP and they say it is not over a internal organ source e.g. Heart, lungs etc... Nerves from the neck don't give chest pains, but they can cause problems down the shoulder and around the shoulder blade which may cause your ribs to radiate pain into the chest. Being in pain can possible increase your heart rate.

Reply to Bob