Question
Posted by: Tianette | 2004/10/21

Chest pain

Hi Doc,

I would like your advise. For the past two days I'm having a pain just above my left breast close to my shoulder. What really frightens me is the burning sensastion I have in my left arm too. I had this about 13 months ago just before I fell pregnant and my Doc said that is was an anxiety attack. I went to my new Doc yesterday about this pain and he said that he doubts that it is my heart, and did some arm movements with my left arm, he think's it might be a muscle that is pinched somewhere, so he injected me and gave be BEXTRA 40 to drink. He wants me to come for and "EKG" on Friday morning. I am only 29 years old and I smoke about 3 Cigs a day, sometimes I won't smoke for 3 days. I have a child of 4 months. I aslo suffer from Migraine everymonth. What would your opion be?
Thank-you

Tianette, it doesn’t sound like your heart form this side of the screen. I wrote something on the other than heart causes of chest pain a while ago and if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you a copy. Good luck.