Question
Posted by: CM | 2003/03/13

Chest pain<br>

I am experiencing pains in the middle of my chest. The pain is more or less where my cleavage starts. The pain is inside (not my skin). It happened for the first time about a year ago but it is getting worse and worse. Nowadays it happens quite a few times a day. Could you perhaps let me know what could be causing pain in that area.

CM, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine you. You’re probable scared that it’s your heart and I can’t really guarantee that it isn’t. I wrote something on the “other than heart” causes of chest pain a while ago and if you’re interested in a copy, you can mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za. If the pain persists the best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.