Posted by: Jenny | 2012/05/21

Chest infection/phlem in lungs

Since 24th April I have had a problem with phlem in my lungs, but didnt go to see my GP until 2 May as I felt ok other than a headache. On 2 May I was told I had a chest infection and was given 2 different antibiotics, the day after I completed this course - 7 May - I was back at the GP as I could still hear myself breathing. Another course of antibiotics. On 14 May I went back to my GP - sent for xrays and another course of antibiotics - apparently an antibiotic given for pneumonia. Exray results showed my chest is clear - after 2 courses of antibiotics Im not surprised. Well today I can still hear the phlem on my chest, but now I am coughing - still the headache. Any suggestions as to where I should go from here. I am 51 years old. Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I think that you should consult a pulmonologist for an examination and special tests. It is not uncommon to feel chesty after pneumonia. You can drink ACC 200 to loosen the phlem and to easily cough out the excess.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Jenny | 2012/05/23

Thank you - I will do as you suggest

Reply to Jenny

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.