Question
Posted by: Shari | 2004/12/14

Chemical Pregnancy??

Dear GynaeDoc
I did 3 home pregnancy tests over the past couple of days (have a history of miscarriage, so always like to be thorough), went yesterday for the blood tests to check progesterone and HCG levels, which came back as very low (always my problem with previous 4 pregnancy's as well) and I started spotting last night. Spoke with my Dr this morning and he referred to it as a "Chemical Pregnancy", please could you tell me what that is.

Thanking you in advance
Shari

It means that there may have been a very early pregnancy which did not develop.