Question
Posted by: NunontheRun | 2004/10/01

Checkup<br>

Went to doc for checkup, all is fine, he thinks i came off the ciprimal to fast, from 2 pills to nothing in less that a week. But he checked the heart, the blood pressure, the blood sugar (made him check everything) and all is fine, feeling anxious today but i can handle it. Started my effexor last night as well, one pill at night, 3.75 grams ( don't make it anymore but my pharmacy managed to find one).
Anyway, all in all, i think there is a tiny bit of light appearing in the tunnel :-)

And my friend is getting married today, so i have something to smile about

Dear RunningNun,
Delighted to hear that everything is fine and that you're feeling a bit better already. Pleased too that youve found something to smile about, the right size of pill to sart up on, and have sighted some light ahead. Excellent !
re Chelle's query, I'm guessing that because you are switching over from Cipramil to Effexor, and have shown yourself sensitive to side-efects, the doc would be starting you on a lower dose than usual for the first week or so, before you'll go up to the normal dose, so I don't quite understand the idea of a dose of "3.75 grams", and it's probably 37.5. Effexor seems to work quite well, some claim an earlier onset of relief of symptoms on it, but I'm not yet convinced of that. One would be cautious about high doses as it can occasionally encourage high blood pressure, but only at higher doses than normally used, which you would not need.

4
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/10/01

Thanks. Makes more sense now.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: NunontheRun | 2004/10/01

i think it is 37.5 mg that i am on, and i think they don't make such a small dose anymore

Reply to NunontheRun
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/01

Hi Nun,

I'm also on Effexor XR but your's sounds like quite a big dose. I'm on 150mg a day. Chelle, this is a fairly new concoction. They don't manufacture it in 375mg that much, just 225mg, 150mg & 75mg.
I'm glad to hear you're doing better though Nun, & a wedding to go to nogal.
I would like to see what CS's opinion is about your medication.

Thanx for keeping us posted, it's great to see you're looking up.

Take care,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/10/01

It's so nice to hear that you're doing well. I'm wondering why the doctor has prescribed something that isn't made anymore? What will happen when the stocks are finished?
Enjoy the smiles they are infectious :-)

Reply to Chelle