Question
Posted by: MeMe | 2006/07/19

Cheating Husband...what do I do??

I am 27yrs of age and just been married 6months.We've been together for 8years now. He has 2 lovely boys whom I love and they actually adore me. Their mother passed away 2months ago and they live with their granny.That's what family wants - we are looking after them fully! I just found out that my husband is cheating.I got a job away from home and he is a trucker (long distance driver).I dont know what to say/do!! Im stuck.When I asked about it he laughs...which makes me feel like a fool. I love him I know but I know that seen that he has started with this...he will most probably do it again.What should I do...I know there is counselling that we must consider - but I know now...he will tell me he will just change and need no ones help. Im stuck....I have a one year old daughter to worry about!!! Please help...

Laughing about it on his side is foolish and cruel. If the family has such strong interests in your relationship, why not discuss it with them ? He surely wouldn't dare to laugh at them, too ? Buzz is right --- if there's proof, move to an ultimatum. And have STD tests --- the HIV rates among long-distance drivers is terrifying--- and insist on using condoms if you have sex with him until his status is established to be safe.

2
Posted by: Angelique | 2006/07/19

Dont give up!! There is life after an affair!! Wait untill you feel calmer and think everything through.Alot of marriages goes through crisis whether it's infidility etc.You can make things work (if your partner is also willing).ALways remember 90% of the time a man wont leave his family for his mistress.Both should go for councelling.Good luck

Reply to Angelique
Posted by: Buzz | 2006/07/19

If you have proof that he's cheating on you, present it to him and give him an ultimatum, either he stops or the marriage is over.

MeMe, please have yourself tested for STD's immediately. I'm sure you are aware of the high STD (and AIDS) rates amongst truck drivers. In the meantime, insist on using condoms.

I wish you all the best, this must be an awful situation to be in. Your husband laughing things off, won't make it go away. It's time to face facts, and take care of yourself, for your own sake, and the future of your baby.

Reply to Buzz