Question
Posted by: Kim | 2005/11/29

Cheating husband

My husband is having an affair and he does not want to stop, though he's telling me that it has ended. when checking his cellphone I get love messages from that girl. He does not want to talk about it after and I'm checking 'cause I don't trust him and wants to know where I stand. We've been together for 15 yrs, married for 5 yrs. We've 2 kids aged 11 and 3. What can I do?

As he is maried to you, refusing to talk about an affair which sounds like it's ongoing, is not an option. Insist on marriage counselling, at the very least, to see what you two can woprking together, achieve to heal this rift, beore deciding on divorce.

2
Posted by: Sad | 2005/11/29

I really feel sorry for you. You have such a long hard road ahead of you. My husband cheated and told me that he loved me and he loved her as well. I told him that either he ends it (been going on for 3 months) or our marriage is over. He swore that the affair was over and told me he wanted to continue with the marriage. Six months later, I found his cellphone account and realised that he was still seeing this woman (married, 2 kids). He ended the affair immediately, after I told him I wanted a divorce. We went for marriage counselling for about one year and he is now the most loving, caring, considerate husband in the world. Problem is I can't seem to get over it. My advice to you. Go for marriage counselling and do not believe everything that he says. He is so confused at the moment. Seems like these women have such a hold over our sometimes weak husbands. Good luck.

Reply to Sad
Posted by: Ahh haa! | 2005/11/29

If he does not want to stop, you need to end this marriage.
He seems like a selfish idiot who does not care for you.
You & your kids will be better off widout him.

Reply to Ahh haa!