Question
Posted by: Hurting | 2005/11/27

Cheating husband :11215

Hi CS and everyone,
Yesterday I was at a party where the woman my husband cheated with 6 months ago was present. My husband was also there. I did keep my cool, but inside I felt the pain. It was quite an uncomfortable situation for me.
I then lashed my frustrations on my husband privately though, I don't know if people could see.
Because some of the people knew of my husband relations with her, I saw people looking at me when she worked in the room.
It's such an odd feeling, I feel very angry with my husband. I feel he degraded me so bad, I'm quite dissappointed with my husband.

Very normal reactions to a hurtful and embarrasing situation. Marriage counselling is indeed the best way to go

5
Posted by: SR | 2005/11/28

What has your husband done since his affair. Has he been making it up to you proving his love or is it business as usual?

Reply to SR
Posted by: Friend | 2005/11/28

There are people who really likes to observe this kind of situation and because of their own boring lives get some kind of kick out of other's hurt and pain. Don't worry about them, they don't deserve it. It is great that you kept your cool during this difficult situation. I know the pain you must have felt. It will take some time to get over this and perhaps some marriage councelling for you both would help.

Reply to Friend
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/11/28

I admire you for keeping your cool in a very difficult situation. Your feelings are absolutely normal. I agree with the others, you guys need to go for marriage counselling, and it would probably be a good idea not to attend social gatherings when this woman is present. She's not adding any value to your marriage, her presence and what she presents, can only destruct.

Keep your head high, you have the moral highground and have nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck!

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Not on | 2005/11/27

You have my respect, I dont think I would have been able to have kept my cool the way you did. Seeing her must have envoked feelings that were just about settling down and brought all that pain, anger, betrayal rushing to the surface again. I agree with whattodo, you should both see a counsellor and try to work through these feelings together. Everything you felt was totally justified. You faced that "woman" and although the situation was uncomfortable you have held your head up high and not given her any power over you. Just imagine how she was feeling seeing you there with your hubby and all those people who know about her. She has earned herself a reputation that she wont ever be able to shake.

Best wishes for you and hubby.

Reply to Not on
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/11/27

Hurting. I think you have every right to feel this way. I think it is normal as he betrayed you and because you love him this hurts. It hurts you on many levels and that is understandable. Perhaps you guys should go to counselling together and try a new beginning.

Good luck.

Reply to Whattodo