Question
Posted by: Fool | 2006/05/02

Cheating?

Hi there,

I need your advice on a relationship issue..

I've got a 6th sense tingling that my gf is cheating on me. Shes gotten very mysterious on her sms's and she's very jittery whenever a certain ex of hers that she hangs out with is in the area. I've caught her lying to me on some things, and even that she told the ex that she's broken up with me and how wonderful it feels for her to be single.

She says she would never cheat on me, but the evidence is overwhelming. What should I do? I've tried confronting her but she just says that I'm paranoid..

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Fool, welcome to our forum and thanks for posting here. It sounds as if you're in a really horrible situation - a complete breakdown in trust and you're not getting any real answers from your girlfriend.

You inform us that you have no doubt your girlfriend has lied to you - you've caught her out. Telling her ex that she's broken up with you sounds quite serious. So what are you waiting for? You know you can't rely on her word so don't bother confronting her - you're just wasting your time.

I'm tempted to suggest that you arrange a small dinner-party - make it a surprise for your girlfriend and invite her ex over as the guest and let the process play out. But I won't.

Please do keep us posted.

1
Posted by: Fool | 2006/05/03

Thanks for the advice. You are right, the trust is completely gone and I don't see how I can carry on a relationship if I don't trust her. I tried talking to her last night, but she just laughed at me and said I'm being silly.

I've spent most of the night awake, trying to figure out what to do, and tonight I'm going to tell her that I need a break from this. I can't carry on in this constant feeling of unworthyness and not trusting.

Oh, and I've tried to arrange a coffee meeting with all 3 of us, but they both refuse to get together if its all 3.. Strange...

Reply to Fool