Question
Posted by: Dragonfly | 2004/11/30

Cheated on Boyfriend

I, i hope you guys can give me some good advice...
My Boyfriend is away most of the time working over seas and only home for about 2 weeks every 4-6 Months. We have only been going out 7 months. The problem is that since he was away ive kissed other guys, just two. Now that he is back and visiting, i feel so guility and cannot believe that i had cheated on him, this is the first time i have ever cheated on any of my boyfriends. I know that if i tell him what i have done, i will lose him, that scares me the most. But i worry that i wont be able to keep this secret from him. Yet i dont deserve his trust, his love in me, cause of what ive done. I say i love him, but really how much can i love him, if i have chosen to be with somebody else while he's been away?

Your advice on what you think i should do, would be highly appreciated.

I'm not sure that merely kissing is too enormous a betrayal or cheating. This is a very new and brief relationship to be expected to survive such a period of separateness and long-distance lack of contact. Like paris, I think you two need to sit down for a long talk, not about the two stray kisses, but about whether you share a relationship that ought to and can endure, or not

1
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/11/30

Hi there Dragon Fly.

Its sounds from the amount of time he's gone that you hardly ever see him, and since this relationship is only 7 months young, i really dont blame you for what you have done, although its wrong!

What i would do is ask yourself this question, instead of asking yourself wheather or not to tell him. Shouldn't you be sitting him down and asking where this relationship is going? Will this work situation be like this forever or does his contract end some time in the new future.

I do believe you were wrong to cheat, but dont be too hard on yourself. It was just a kiss. Rather dig deeper for questions about the future of your relationship.

Hope every thing works out for you.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS