Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/06/04

Cheaper therapy CBT

i phoned 4 people today all charging R380_R450 upfront per session_ anyone know of anyone cheaper in western cape southern suburbs. I really want to resolve issues but find there is no way affordable to go.

Have you tried checking with the AAnxiety-Depression support group and FAMSA< who might have some ideas ? I notice that charges are going up in the shrink world ( though not nearly as much as in other medical specialities ). Maybe its the fuels price, for those with a couch that runs on diesel ? Of the wheat price ?
Sriously, though, the cost of living goes up for everyone, and shrinks can't afford to work for nothing --- last month when the City Council mucked up my water supply by allowing grit into their pipes, I had to call a plumber when they caused an airlock. He arrived, got his assistant to put his hand firmly against the spout of a hot/cold bath tap for a minute after turning on both taps, and left 5 minutes later, charging nearly 800 rand ! Imagine what he would charge for an hour !

1
Posted by: GS | 2008/06/04

Hi Kassandra,

I have the same problem. Cannot afford these sessions and yet I feel I need them so badly..... Everthing revoles around money, that alone depresses me. I can hardly make ends meet, but guess I should be greatful that I have a job.....

Good Luck.

ps In case you are all wondering, I am corresponding from work, as I don't have a PC at home let alone the internet!

Reply to GS