Question
Posted by: IT Girl | 2004/12/22

CHATTING: So whose still at work???

Hey all - what you up to?

,,,,,

40
Posted by: Cute | 2004/12/22

Sorry about not replying IT Girl...had so much work 2 do
Im finished with the work now so im going on lunch.

Today im having lunch at the reatuarant where i work...
Enjoy your lunch

Chat later

Reply to Cute
Posted by: IT girl | 2004/12/22

Yeah you do deserve better - its soon going to be a new year and a new time for you..yes is a bit sad but you can do this!!!

Buy yourself a chocolate too honey!!!

Reply to IT girl
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/22

Sh*t man, sorry to hear that Mindfull, well you know what, his loss! You deserve better and should never settle for anything less, never forget that!

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/22

Well, seems I've been stood up. Feeling really sory for myself right now, my own fault for getting excited about it! Bear with me, I'm just gonna sulk for a while. Run over to menlyn and pull out my credit card too. :-(

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: IT Girl | 2004/12/22

Chicken mayo sammie sounds good ..mmmm???
THink im going to pop across the road and see...

Reply to IT Girl
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/22

lol..sure you will be fine, funny enough I always battled with the low notes, so not sure why I ended up on tuba..hee hee

Not sure ITG, been eating junk food the whole week so may get a something healthy, I know that i'm hungry as well, though, what you guys having?

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/22

Tummy's grumbling too! Perhaps just a chicken mayo sandwich. And you. You said just now, but I'm too lazy to scroll up!

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/22

I was also in the marching band in high school, played the bell lyre there though. Nervous as hell. At the moment my playing sounds more like a hippo grunting than music! Ok, not so bad, I'm battling to hit the high notes and the low notes.

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: IT girl | 2004/12/22

im hungry.... what you guys haivng for lunch???

Reply to IT girl
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/22

Yip, played in the school marching band for 4 yrs, allot of hard work, we were always in competitions, no not from KZN, born and bread in Gauteng...unfortunatly i haven't played in a while so would be pretty rusty, but at least I don't have to get up and play in church on xmas, you nervous at all?

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/22

Really Big Brother? Oh my word!!! Are from KZN?

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/22

Back..what a waste of time that was, think my manager has lost the plot completly..see you play an instrument Mindfull, I was also a 'band camp' dude, played the trumpet before moving onto the tuba..lol..good fun though..

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/22

No offence taken at all, JM! Thanks for the concern either way.

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: JM | 2004/12/22

Mindfull,

For your sake I actually do hope he has forgotten. My apology for being nasty!

I do hope you sort your feelings out and make the correct decision!

Reply to JM
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/22

Well...lets say I wasted my talent because it wasn't cool to play an instrument in school. I am the original "One time, at band camp" girl, btw! I don't really remember. I grew up in a house ful of instruments, could play piano before I could read and all. My mom decided the horn for me because I'm a lefty and the keys are played with the left hand.

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: IT girl | 2004/12/22

Yip is is rather a cool job...

French horn i hear you say - wow that must take some talent..was it difficult to learn??

Reply to IT girl
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/22

IT Girl, wow, that sounds great! (I hear it's an awesome profession).
I'm just going to spend the day with my family in KZN. Actually dreading it, 'cause my mom wants me to play christmas carols on my French horn in church on saturday morning, and I'm so out of practice, I actually feel as though I'm unfit after practising in the afternoons!

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/22

Ok JM. I don't know why, but I get the feeling he's forgotten about lunch anyway. He said he was going to phone to confirm with me. But hey, Menlyn's right across the road from our my office, it's not a train smash if he doesn't phone!

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: JM | 2004/12/22

Ok, so don't give him the present coz he will definitely see it as a gesture from your side that you are open to continue where you guys has left off.

Still go for lunch but make it your farewell lunch.

Reply to JM
Posted by: IT girl | 2004/12/22

Mindfull - how's you guess?? :) Im actually a graphic/web designer

What you doing for chirstmas day?

Reply to IT girl
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/22

IT girl - I'm a Quantity Surveyor (Let me take a wild guess...you're in IT??!!)

JM - Nope, we're meeting for lunch.

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: IT Girl | 2004/12/22

BB - till later then

CUTE - u still here?

Mindfull - so what work do ya do?

Reply to IT Girl
Posted by: JM | 2004/12/22

Mindfull,

You've made up your mind. You need to be cruel to be kind. Don't call when he ask you, don't meet with him. Did you give him the present?

Reply to JM
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/22

Sounds good, I do a three meat pot, lamb neck, steak and a game meat, either veal or warthog, loads of veggies and some potatoes and the 'secret' ingredient hee hee...and of course a 'few' beers whiel cooking and bobs your uncle..

Can you believe just been called into another meeting! chat lata..

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/22

I'm crazy about him, and he knows that. But ja. I have to let go. It's just hard to when he wont let go?

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: IT Girl | 2004/12/22

Man do i have an awesome recipe for a potjie....

Its a cream chicken one with cream, arpicot jam, bacon, veg ect etc a real winner :) and best of all its raining here so a nice warm meal is going to go down well!

Reply to IT Girl
Posted by: JM | 2004/12/22

Mindfull,

Yip that's looking for trouble. You are still clinging on to old memories and that is terrible for the hart.

Make a decision now today, do you want to go on in your life, perhaps meet the right guy, or have your heart broken into pieces again?

But if you do still have feelings for him (and it seems like it) tell him to make up his mind about his future. Does he want to be with you or will he keep on seeing you as a handbrake in his life?

Reply to JM
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/22

Potjie's are the best, such a great way to chill with friends for a few hours then enjoy a good meal, what type you making ITG?

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/22

Hi Mindfull, tricky one..firstly quick question, how can he ask for another chance when he admitted to you that he would probably never settle down? Is he saying that even if you guys get back together he won't commit 100% and settle? Not sure about you but that sounds a tad dodge to me..

About the 'survival' kit, speaking as a guy I would have to say that the fact you're meeting him for lunch and then giving him this' kit' even though it's a simple gesture, would probably give him the impression that things could work out between you guys, so yes you're probably looking for trouble, you don't say though if you would like to get back together with him??

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: IT girl | 2004/12/22

Mindful hope things work you for ya :)

CUTE - what your plans for lunch today?

Reply to IT girl
Posted by: IT girl | 2004/12/22

Lunch today im meeting a fellow worker upstairs and going to order some food :) hee hee take a loooong lunch...
and go home earlish - naughty i know but the boss is on holiday and i dont have any work...

beside having all his fam over for a potjie tonight (have done one is ages ) anyways need to go buy soem stuff :)

Reply to IT girl
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/22

Yip IT Girl, got her some nice perfume and stuff as well, she's always wanting shoulder massages and stuff so thought I would draw up a book of vouchers entittling her to massages, romantic dinners etc etc, just a bit of fun really..

I thought I had done all my shopping but got one more to get for my Brother, most difficult person to get for..you right though ITG the malls are dead quite..very excited though, my last day is today when you guys working 'till?

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/22

Hey everyone,

Gonna ask a mindless question. Been single since about August (actually before that, but only admitted it to myself then). Anyway, things ended up quite nasty and all. Then he started begging me for another chance and I said no. Last week we met for lunch, the first time I'd seen him in nearly 7 months. He told me then that he would probably never settle down, because to him, having a significant other means he's got a handbrake holding him back. Anyway, the next day, or should I say early hours of the morning, I got this voice message that he begged me to phone him. Yesterday I got another sms asking me to phone him. I let him wait all day and then phoned. He was very happy, and we're meeting for lunch just now again. Now here's where I've gone and done something so typically me. We met on Christmas day 3 years ago in the Kruger Park. He got malaria right after that. But we had such a good time, with a lot of personal jokes that we still joke about. So he's going there again this year, I'm not. After work I went Christmas shopping for the family, and I couldn't resist buying him a Kruger Park "survival" kit. Because of the jokes, I got him 2 beers, biltong and droewors, and a HUGE can of peaceful sleep. Am I overdoing it giving the "kit"? Looking for trouble for my heart?

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: Cute | 2004/12/22

Yes i seen Brigitte Jones...i also did not really like the movie...
Are you going out 4 lunch BB & IT Girl?

Reply to Cute
Posted by: Cute | 2004/12/22

Anything interesting you tell BB & IT Girl?

Reply to Cute
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/22

Hey Cute, I've run out of things to surf on the net, all ready been on all the news sites am now playing stick cricket having a bit of a comp with the few peopl ethat are here..went to watch that Bridget Jones movie last night, good but not as good as the first one I don't think, you seen it?

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: IT Girl | 2004/12/22

Hey CUTE & BB...

Well things still quite here - have been burning back up files onto CDs and reading the news on the net...

WEnt shopping with hubbie last night and its SO much better way less hectic and we are now finished shopping (YAAY) just have to get wrapping paper now...

BB - good idea with the gift vouchers that way she get what she wants :)

Reply to IT Girl
Posted by: Cute | 2004/12/22

Hi BB
Im just surfing the net & also playing games.

Reply to Cute
Posted by: Cute | 2004/12/22

Hello IT Girl
Im at work...howzit it going with your preparations?

Reply to Cute
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/22

Hey IT Girl, I'm still in this prison...trying to keep myself busy, am drawing up gift vouchers for my GF for xmas and playing games..what you up to?

Reply to Big Brother