Question
Posted by: biets | 2004/11/11

Chat:Bad Boy vs Good Guy

So Bridget Jones got her Darcy but she's still wobbling back in the direction of Cleaver. Why? We all chorus? She'll only get her fingers (and other extremities) burned again! Doesn't she know it's her duty to women everywhere to know a good thing when she's got him?

The real question, of course, is why are we even still asking why. There's no mystery to it, we all know Daniel Cleaver and his breed are bad news. If they were good for us we wouldn't call them bad boys, would we?

We crave their badness, that's the thing. It gets the juices flowing. Bad boys are our water cooler men: we enjoy dissecting them with the girls the morning after as much as we enjoyed being charmed into bed with them the night before.

The predator...
People often refer to the bad boy as wolfish or foxy, which are just fun ways of saying he's a predator. Of course you know you shouldn't go there but you're driven by the sexual excitement, the cachet of being with someone extremely handsome and charming and, let's face it, the fantasy that you might be 'The One' to break through the cynicism and change him.

Bad boys make us feel sexy instantly: the gorgeous siren we've always wanted to be and that the good guys don't always convince us we can pull off.

He's not in love with you
The real bad luck is to fall in love with a bad boy. Do that and what should be a sweet pick-me-up becomes a lengthy bout of food poisoning. Always remember: he is not in love with you. If he says he is it's to get you to do something (possibly still illegal in some European countries) you're not sure about doing. On the plus side, if you do fall hard for a bad boy, you're unlikely to do it more than once (OK, twice), which is why any happily married woman in her twenties almost certainly had an affair with her Lothario tutor when she was nineteen - it's called learning your lesson. So how do you know if you're addicted to the silver-tongued charmer in the tux or if, like Bridget, you're ready for the good guy in the bad sweater who likes you just the way you are? The simple answer is this: if you like you just the way you are, then you're ready for Mark Darcy. But if you're not sure yet, then there may be a Daniel Cleaver or two to negotiate before you can pass Go.

The Mark Darcy:
dependable
Not conventionally good-looking
Speaks as he finds
Steady job conceals genuine talent
Attracted to lapsed good girls
Favourite game: scrabble

The Daniel Cleaver cad:
Devilishly handsome
Talks dirty
Flashy job conceals medium talent
Attracted to any girl willing to act naughty
Favourite game: strip poker

Celebrity Darcys: Colin Firth, Paul Bettany, Jonny Wilkinson

Celebrity Cleavers: Hugh Grant, Colin Farrell, Sean Bean

.............hee hee..........

,,,,,

6
Posted by: biets | 2004/11/11

nog me girl i found a website : WHY WE LOVE BAD BOYS....

Reply to biets
Posted by: JJ | 2004/11/11

Hi biets,

You are a very wise person - your explanation is the best I have ever seen on the subject!

JJ

Reply to JJ
Posted by: biets | 2004/11/11

jip kewl Shaun you'd say that !

Reply to biets
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/11

Hey, you forgot to add to the Celebrity Cleavers: "SHAUN"...

But ja, being a mixture of both, what do you say to Strip Scrabble???

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/11/11

Hi yes Jano I'd love 2 hear that version.....

Definate Daniel Cleaver 2 !!

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Jano | 2004/11/11

Good one I wonder what the mans version of this would be?

Jano

Definate Daniel Cleaver

Reply to Jano