Question
Posted by: Ruth | 2005/07/05

Chat: To the Non-Christians and Christians :) re:18395

I occasionally peruse the CS site and glance over the replies and statements made. I always find it so odd how the Christians are the first faith to be attacked AND judged by non-Christians. I find it equally perplexing how ‘non-Christians’ try to justify their behaviour and it makes me wonder, do they really know what a Christian is?

A Christian is a follower of Christ. Christians STRIVE to be Christ like. Sadly, most people base their perception of Christianity on what they perceive it to be like without really having fully investigated or experienced this Truth. Their perceptions are often based on the dogma of the church without ever having truly experienced Jesus. Being a Christian does not mean always getting what you want, for Christ knows what is best for us and provides accordingly if not exceedingly! Christians are NOT perfect and NEVER reach perfectionism, for that honour is to our God alone.

Just as one can open yourself up to all evils when dabbling with mediums and clairvoyants, remember that ANY STATEMENT made AGAINST CHRIST AND HIS FOLLOWERS IS ALSO NOTED, and recorded. Upon Judgement Day you are the one who will have to ‘please explain’ for martyring any of Christs’ servants.

Is it really such a difficult thing to respect that other people are Christians?

With all due respect, I think what you are noticing is a response to what many readers perceive as being a Preaching approach, and a judgemental approach towards people who are either not Christian, or not Christian in the same way as the preacher. So it is a response to a manner of speaking which makes OTHERs feel attacked and judged, not anything I have noticed which starts as an attack or judgement of Christians as such.
What I do not notice, is any tendency for Jews, Muslims, Hindu and members of other religions, to quote their own equally sincere religious beliefs as a solution for other people's problems. And some of the "Christian" originated comments are not always likely to be seen as respectful to people with different beliefs, even different Christian beliefs.
It should be acceptable to any reader, when someone, discussing a problem, mentions that their specific religious faith has been valuable to them --- we are each of us something of an expert in ourselves. But when we suggest that OUR religious beliefs are right ( in a way which implies that others are wrong ) and a solution to other people's problems, we are potentially treading on toes, and must accept it when this gives rise to resistance or anger.
Interesting selection of new nickname, as Ruth

17
Posted by: TIERD OF THIS | 2005/07/05

WAY TO GO>>>>

IM SO SICK N TIERD OF PEOPLE ALWAYS JUDGINH CHRISTIANS bec they want to share something and then say how christians are saying they are perfect!!!

PEOPLE we have been given a choice to belive in GOD o r not and those who do well good for them and those who dont ----FIND SOMETHING to believe in then and stop always going on about it ...

Reply to TIERD OF THIS
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/07/05

YEP LIZA IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE EVIL!

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: CJ | 2005/07/05

I have been reading what has been said on the subject and this is MY opinion..

I believe that God made us as humans to have the choice between good and evil. It is up to us to choose between the 2. Our God is a loving God, a merciful God and a forgiving God.

It just seems that we are too quick to get on our knees and ask for help from Him when things are going wrong. How often do you give thanks for what you have?

I read my stars on a Sunday in the paper - but that does not mean that they define who or what I am.
I also believe that some people are given "gifts" to heal others - one way or another, and where those came from? Well that is open to debate.

It is people like the "crossing over" dude on TV, that have given these others a bad name, he just seems to exploit other peoples weaknesses?

To me, it does not matter which God you believe in, because at the end of the day, most religions have the same morals.

To Male23 and Co, your faith is your strength, and I am glad you have the courage to speak out the way you do.
Just remember we are all different and all have different ideas, that is to say that no one can be perfect all the time. Only God is perfect.

To err is human, and to forgive is devine.

Reply to CJ
Posted by: caz | 2005/07/05

I have travelled lots and find that Buddhists are the nicest folk!

Reply to caz
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/07/05

Liza, I dont think God would give you a 'gift' by being able to see whats going to happen in the future. To be honest, I dont know why you saw what would happen or where you got that 'gift' from but definitely not from God. Why would God let us see whats going to happen in the future. Maybe / maybe not - im not too sure though. Its just my opinion. Im in two minds.

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

Liza, i agree with Genna, just dont ever abuse powers. And dont go and sit in a camper asking people to pay you and you'll tell them stuff,lol

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Gemma | 2005/07/05

Liza
You are definately not Evil nor cursed. You are blessed with a God Given gift.

Do not listen to fanatics that would scare the hell out of you.
Use your gift for good , and look to Gods light

God Bless

Reply to Gemma
Posted by: Liza | 2005/07/05

Am I evil then? I've had visions of future events - very specific visions - nothing vague about them. I've told others about the visions BEFORE they've come true. I'm not a fortune-teller, these infrequent visions don't come on command. And if they are psychotic visions - why do I sometimes tell someone else about them - and then see it happen? Sometimes it has something to do with me (like deja vu - just more specific) and other times I have nothing to do with the vision - its just something that I'll see in the near future (always within a week). And if I'm making them happen by believing in them - does it mean I am cursing someone by seeing something (sometimes bad) happen to complete strangers? I usually speak out to PREVENT bad things from happening. My mom and sisters take this very seriously, because its happened to all of us at some time. Are we cursed because of something our ancestors did?

Or does this whole story have absolutely nothing to do with curses and evil, but rather its a gift from God to be used for good?

I'd really like to know the answer to this - because of something I saw, one man died and another was very badly injured. I told a friend about it while we were having a ladies nite out, and on the way back home, we saw the exact accident that I had predicted. It scared my friend so much that she refused to talk to me after that.

Any answers will be appreciated.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Lola | 2005/07/05

Thank you CS, that is what I have been trying to get across, maybe not so well though.

Please M23 and cronies take heed of this very valid point...

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

It's keeping me on my toes, I'll tell you that much

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/07/05

Male23 and Joanne 'E' - carry on guys, im loving every minute of this debate.

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

2 Corinthians 12

1I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell. 5I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say.
7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Keli | 2005/07/05

And Ruth you just dont want to see the end of this debate... it has really become boring.

Reply to Keli
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

boring but people are still looking!

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/05

2 Timothy 3:5
holding a form of godliness, but having denied the power thereof. Turn away from these, also

OR I like this version....
and will keep up a make-believe of piety and yet live in defiance of its power. Turn away from people of this sort

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

Once again, i make it public to all those who think i see myself as perfect, I AM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO PERFECT.
But should someone ask a question, and i know the Bible gave us an answer, i will share that answer, and i think the reason why i'm seen as narrow minded by some people on this forum is because if someone then disAgree with that answer, i get upset, because the Bible is the Word of God, and those who disagree with God's answer, will see me as an iritating guy.

I leave it at that. I will now look at new postings.

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Hey | 2005/07/05

Why don't you use your normal nic male23?

Reply to Hey