Question
Posted by: JM | 2004/12/06

CHAT: To Paris, re your last posting

Paris,

What happened to your last posting. Am I seeing things, coz I am sure I read it and now it is gone?

Gosh, I didn't know the Cyberpolice were being so vigilant --- they dont seem to be trusting us, as we have managed for over 5 years now, to manage such issues and discussions, without problems. I also don't appreciate having to waste a lot of my time responding to such messages ( and I didn't see what was so offensive about any of them as to need removal ) --- only to have the whole thread disappear. Such discussions are part of life in SA, and dont deserve to be censored away.
If the Cyberpolice read this before deleting it, I'd appreciate it if they did NOT remove ANY items or threads from the Cybersrink forum without my expressed consent. We're adults here.

7
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/06

Lets just say it got totally off the point. I dont think Madam was being any more racist then private ryan was. So you see, black and white - We're all guilty.

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/12/06

I think that last one might have got horribly racist - not sure. It was heading that way.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/06

I dont really agree with them taking a posting like that off the site. The reality is, that black people are really disturbed by this and dont quite understand why their blood isn't being used... or so they say.

The problem is very real, and since this is a site where different opions can find a solution they should really just leave it on here. I read all the postings and yes they did start getting out of hand but we're talking about feelings here.

I suppose the cyber police feel by erasing the posting they'll erase people's feeling or just make people forget. Think thats pretty wrong too.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/12/06

I just noticed that Madam's post re the blood issue has disappeared now as well. But that is one I can imagine got out of hand.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/06

Ja chelle, i didn't think my posting was insensative or any thing of the sort. But it was taken off so maybe there are new rules.

Would love to post another one, but i was on quite a roll, and dont remember all the wording etc etc. Wont sound as good *smile*

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/12/06

A posting of mine disappeared today as well, and I didn't think I was being rude, or insensitive at all. Maybe there is a glitch, or maybe the Cyber police have a new set of rules. I wish I saw your last post - I am a curious one. :)

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/06

I noticed that too. I think the cyber police must have taken it off. Ah well.... It was just my opinion. They must have thought it was too sensative a posting.

What did you think?

Reply to PARIS