Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/06/22

CHAT : TO NLM

52 KILOGRAMS!

Geez now im soooo glad im back on track!

How long has it been ? since september 04 ?

,,,,,

8
Posted by: NLM | 2005/06/22

Hi CP MOM, yes, i started 1 st Sept 04. I weighed 117 KG's. Just for the people asking questions=== what can be more unhealthy than fat ???? Before i started, i had diabetes, high colestrol, short breath, and as a matter of fact, i was TOTALLY USELESS.

When the Dr examined me, he could not believe that i am still alive===he said that the only reason he could put to that, is the fact that i have never smoked or used alkahol. Tecnically, i should have died years ago.

TODAY == i'm VERY healthy, no sugar, no colestrol, no heart pains etc etc. I gym 2 hours every day except Sundays, and i ran the Comorades this year for the 1 st time and finished. A year ago i could not even climb steps==had to use a lift, even to the 1 st floor of a building.

As iemand belangstel maar het nie die geld, sê net en ek sal wenke gee wat werk. Ek is nie n dieetkundige nie, maar ek is daardeur. CP MOM, GREAT to hear you back on track.

Reply to NLM
Posted by: Mel | 2005/06/22

Atkins did research and apparently studies ahows that cholesterol goes down???

The book is very informative.

But i did get sick of it...literally.... I couldnt stand eating protein anymore, it made me nauseous, so i started skipping meals instead. This in turn shrunk my stomach and i have been able to get off the diet and start eating responsibly, and i drink tons of water and no more fizzy drinks (used to be addicted!!!)

Reply to Mel
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/06/22

I just read about losing weight and injections, and I saw warning bells ringing. Please forgive me if this is something different that you're talking about. A friend of mine lost 33kg. in 7 months by going for regular injections, taking pills and powders etc. In April she went for a boob lift and tummy tuck because she'd lost so much weight, everything was hanging. I must just tell you, she looks a million dollars now. Sadly though, she's developed an underactive thyroid, heart problems, constant shaking (noticable around her mouth when she talks), high blood pressure and constant headaches (she cries with pain). She's been to see a specialist physician and endocronologist, both of them claim the injections is 100% to blame for a deteriorated state of health. The treatment, surgery and subsequent visits to specialist cost her about R100,000.

If it is the same thing girls, be very careful. I believe there's only one way to lose weight, healthy eating plan and exercise. Just my 2 cents worth.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/06/22

Eish Mel - that diet is SOOOO BAD for you....colestrol se m*er!

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Mel | 2005/06/22

Lost 7 kg's in 2 weeks on Atkins....

Reply to Mel
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/06/22

Dit kos ongelukkig heelwat - elke dr. verskil gaan kyk maar op www dot slenderwonder dot co dot za na die naaste dr aan jou en bel maar. Myne het my vir die eerste maand se voorraad R750 gevra en dan moet ek elke 2de week weeg en weer inspuitings kry - so elke 2de week is dit 'n dr's besoek van so R160 plus die goodies en dan elke maand die poeiers en pille.

Lulu se dr het haar R1200 once off gevra dink ek.

Sterkte - oh ja lulu het oor die 5 verloor en ek 6 in die eerste maand as ek reg onthou..

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Pinky | 2005/06/22

Hoeveel kos die dieet jou omtrent. Sorry ek vra maar het nie regtig geld nie en moet iets doen omtrent my gewig.

Reply to Pinky
Posted by: Babe | 2005/06/22

How did you get there and what was your weight before? Sorry didn't follow previous posts.

Reply to Babe