Question
Posted by: lilie | 2005/11/23

Chat: to ASP - code 3

thanks for the sound advice. the corsa idea is super but it wont fit my very tight budget.

i will look on the junkmail tomorrow, they normally advertise cars around R20 000. i am really interested in toyota, just a small car like tazz / conquest / or corolla. just something to take me from point A to B. but it has to be in good condition. thats why i want it to be checked first.

,,,,,

4
Posted by: ASP | 2005/11/23

Oh yes, the AA (automobile assaociation) does some kind of check for a minimal price....

check their web site at:
w w w.aa.co.za

Reply to ASP
Posted by: ASP | 2005/11/23

Ok then, I suggest you look at a toyota or vw then, they are really reliable and parts is not too expensive either should anything go wrong...

Also give first for women insurance a call, they give nice discounts I hear...

Let me know when you've decided on a car...

Reply to ASP
Posted by: lilie | 2005/11/23

yes i prefer to buy cash with no monthly instalments cause my budget is so tight.

but even if i buy cash, then the car has to last me for the next 5 years at least.

i am a first time buyer woman, but i want to start saving for my next car and after 4 years buy a new car for cash.

i do not earn much (R4000) and i think if one is disciplined then a lot can be achieved.

paying R500 pm on corsa is ideal but i still have to pay R300 for insurance and then theres petrol and parking charges as well. therefore, its better to buy for cash for now

Reply to lilie
Posted by: ASP | 2005/11/23

Sure, no problem.

If you have say R20 000 cash, why not use it as deposit on say a one of those corsa lite's and then your payment would approx R500 pm or less?

Or would you prefer to buy something cash with no montlhy payments?

Reply to ASP