Question
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/11/24

Chat: Survivor

Hello Everyone!

I'm such a survivor addict...what do you all think about the finale? Quite thrilling, eh?

MY final Survivor column has been sent off this morning, for posting later today, after editing. About the winner, Attilla the Nun, Rupert the yeti, and others. And wow, Lulu, some people will apparently do ANYTHING to avoid watching Reality -TV !

15
Posted by: anne | 2004/11/25

jenna screwed up everything for poor rupert.i'm hectically addicted to survivor and i dont realy care if its intertainment.they're all making BIG money off publicity anyway.
Jerry has no friends...:)

Reply to anne
Posted by: dd | 2004/11/24

Yes mindful, the editors definately do manipulate the game. One of the contenstants once said in an interview that we see less than 10% of what really (actively) goes on. And he said he's not including things that obviously pass time like sleeping & sitting around bored etc.

Even Rupert, while I still love him, admitted that Panama only showed his good side and never his weaknesses / fights with others. A 5 minute fishing clip making him a hero, actually took him the whole day.

Reply to dd
Posted by: Kay | 2004/11/24

Mindful,
Probablyu - i mean we only saw what they wanted us to see and therefore could just about portray anybody as anything BUT as Richard HAtch said - "ITS A GAME!".....and they volunteered for it. No-one said "you have to do this". They wanted to do it and really - even watching the first series shouldnt go in expecting it to be a paid vacation.

I thought Gerri sucked. But thats my opinion :-))

Reply to Kay
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/11/24

The comment Jerri made about them being entertainment for us - it really got me thinking. I did feel quite bad for her when she was boo-ed...got so caught up in the entertainment. Don't you guys think that the editors manipulated their characters so that we hated them, or loved them?

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: lulu | 2004/11/24

Oh, OK. I'm glad cos he was a sweetie.

Some drunk chick folded her new VW Beetle around the lamp post just outside our home last night just as they were about to announce the winner. Some of the power cables broke, so we had a power out till 4 am this morning. I was so upset! (o:

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Kay | 2004/11/24

Amber won all stars - Rupert won the american vote (done after the winner was announed) for most popular all star and therefore also won a million.

Reply to Kay
Posted by: lulu | 2004/11/24

Rupert won? I'm sure someone said it was Amber who won?

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/11/24

Personally I think nearly all of them looked better duting survior with no make up on, Clear skin and eyes etc. Some of them look like drag queens with far too much make up...

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: $iren | 2004/11/24

Yaaaaaay! I am so glad Rupert won it! I was soooo pissed off that he didn't originally win cause he deserved it the most.

Yup everyone looked stunning, it makes me wonder if I should start wearing make-up every day... because DAMN it made those girls look so much better than normal...

Reply to $iren
Posted by: me | 2004/11/24

Sue certainly looked good! Amber looked cheap and hard.

Reply to me
Posted by: Ms Thing | 2004/11/24

They gave it to sweet old Rupert!!! Yay!

Reply to Ms Thing
Posted by: Paul | 2004/11/24

Mindfull its cos they had a proper wash I reckon.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/11/24

It was Rupert!

I'm always amazed at how "pretty" the people are afterward! (Phew, there's hope for me???)!

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: $iren | 2004/11/24

Very cool, except I could have done without all the blabbing from Jeff.... I was like blah blah blah TELL US WHO WON ALREADY!

I fell asleep half way through though, so I didn't see who the American's voted to give the other million too. Please let me know who it was.... pretty please

Reply to $iren
Posted by: cuteone | 2004/11/24

honestly i thought it was quite romantic, also could not help but think it was a strategic move on Rob's side to propose. however it could be that it was pure love found within 39 days. I was quite glad to see big tom finally shake rob's hand.

Reply to cuteone