Question
Posted by: Shana | 2006/07/25

Changing starting date of period

I am on Marvelon contraceptive. I take my last active tablet on a Friday and then my period usually starts on Wed thus by Fri I am still not quite finished (I have 3 day period). I would however like my period to start on the Tues.

In the insert package they say that if you want to change the starting date of your period you must shorten the placebo period (the number of days shortened will determine the number of days you period will start earlier).

If I shorten the placebo period and start the active tablets earlier do I still finish the ones in the old pack or start the active tablets from the green starting zone of the new pack and discard the two remaining active tablets in the old pack?

However what I thought was that after 4 days on the placebo tablet your period automatically began so how can you actually alter the date.

Please advise

You should start in the new pack and discard the remianing pills from the old pack. If you are starting the active pills earlier, you will get to the placebos in the next packet earlier and that period should then be altered.