Question
Posted by: shaky | 2008/06/09

Changing from paroxetine to cipramil

My doc has recently taken me off Aropax due to the fact that he is concerened about some of the potential side-effects and has put me on Cipramil (Cilift) instead.
I am battling. I am nauseous, have terrible headaches, the shakes, I can't sleep at night. It has been a week now since the change. Is this normal - should it resolve itself?
HELP!

I don't understand. If he was concerned about POTENTIAL side-effects, why did he start you on it at all, rather than start and stop ? The situation you describe should resolve itself --- some of us are more sensitive to and more upset by, side-effects than others, and mild nausea and some odd headaches happen with many drugs of this family. But if things are not resolving, why not ask to be referred to a psychiatrist for a re-assessment and a discussion of a range of treatment options ?