Question
Posted by: linke | 2004/01/15

changing from ginette to minesse

I have been using Ginette for 4 years (since I was sixteen) to treat minor acne.A month ago my gp suggested that I switch from ginette to minesse.

I had my first period this week since using minesse and it was REALLY light. I usually had my period for 4 days, with light flow on the first and last day with moderate on the second and third. This week my period lasted 2 days with very light or no flow on both days.

Is this a normal reaction, or should I see my gp? Is there a possibility of pregnancy because I am sexually active with my long-term boyfriend?

This is normal. You may find much lighter periods on the lower dose pill.

1
Posted by: jcd | 2004/01/16

I was on minesse for over a year & also very very light some times only a day and a half. My gynae said that it gives you a light lining thats why your period is so light. I am not sure if that is the reason but my period was lighter that before i went on minesse. I also had no proplem falling pregnant cos I fell pregnant 3 months after leaving the pill. Hope this helps.

Reply to jcd