Posted by: Lin | 2008/09/08

Changing creches

My son 2 wil be 3 in December. I' m a stay at home mom and took him to creche for the first time middle July (I have exams coming up and didn' t get any time to study).
Now the creche turned out not to be suitable. I experienced a helper screaming at a toddler that just started potty training the previous week - because he peed in his pants. I pleaded with the creche I originally wanted him to go to and they' ll take him.
Do I keep him in the creche until the end of the year? Or do I change now? Will my little boy be ok if I change his schools so soon? He had severe seperation anxiety and cried for the first 2 weeks.
I don' t know what to do? What will be the best for him?
Thanks for your time.

Posted by: Me | 2008/09/09

Maybe submit your question to the parenting forum. they are all mommies and are very helpful. My opinion take him out until the other crech can take him. I would not let them abuse my lo like that!

Reply to Me
Posted by: Lin | 2008/09/09

He' s not in school at the moment because I' m not comfortable sending him back. I contemplated whether to ask the teacher to phone me when the afternoon helper comes in so that I can go fetch my boy. Very unpractical I know, but I just want what' s best for my little boy...
Thanks Jax and Zexeon

Reply to Lin
Posted by: Jax | 2008/09/09

I would change schools now. I cant imagine that you are comfortable sending your LO to the place where the woman screamed at a child for peeing in his pants. Its coming up to Christmas - the new creche will probably be preparing for the end of the year and the activity will keep him busy and happy.

Reply to Jax
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/09/09

you could change schools now and get it over with.

Reply to Zexeon