Question
Posted by: m | 2006/07/19

changed mole

My dermatologist has recommended that I have a mole removed that is on the left side of my back (as it has changed). She has referred me to a plastic surgeon to have it taken out but he can only do it in Sept. I also noticed that he prescribes antibiotics, nose sprays and anti-bacterial washes to be taken prior to the procedure which is done in theatre under local. Is it really necessary for me to go to a plastic surgeon as my last dermatologist removed a mole in his surgery without me having to take the meds etc and I can get the procedure done much sooner with less stress involved if I go back to him. Please give me your opinion on the matter. Tks.

Expert ImageArchive

I am in favour of removing changing moles. Surgical excision is the best option. This made be carried out by an experienced GP, dermatologist or plastic surgeon.