Question
Posted by: Lou-Lou | 2005/07/21

Changed Menstrual cycle

Hi Doc! I am a 40year old woman who for the last 10 years have had what I call a 24hr menstrual (a woman's dream). Since the age of 24 I have however had various bouts of endometriosis, the last time being in 2001. However, my last period although was a 24hr one resulted in continual "spotting". The colour is red and not the usual brown colour I use to have when I had endometriosis. It is now a week after period and the spotting is still there although it is released only when I relieve myself. Please advise if this could be a reason for concern?

You should see your doctor for a check-up. There could be a problem with the uterus or cervix.