Question
Posted by: Lady J | 2005/07/21

change of contraception

Hello Doc,
I was using the EVRA patch for about 3 months but I actually had some side effects. My gynae then prescribed a low dose pill called Mercilon because it seems that whenever I use products containing a high hormone content then it disagrees with me. My gynae mentioned that I must take extra precautions when I am antibiotics. I would like to know if there are any other medications that I should stay away from to avoid an unplanned pregnancy? Also, if I switch contraceptives, then for how long must I take extra precautions to prevent getting pregnant?

If you switch contraceptives, you should take extra precautions for a week.
there are a number of medications that can interefere with the Pill. I cannot list all of them. It is best to check with your doctor before taking any medication.