Question
Posted by: kiara | 2004/01/07

change in periods since hysterscope and laparoscopy

hi, i underwent a hysterscope and laparoscopy 2 months ago, and my two periods since have been very painful but have only lasted one day each time. the blood flow has been heavy. also prior to the operation, my breasts were extremley painful about a week before my period and i got pms really bad. Now i dont get the painful breasts but get pms symptoms a week after my period, by this i mean i get really uptight and agitated. please could you let me know if this is normal. the reason i had the surgery was for fertility reasons.

You don't say if any problems were found at the operation. This could influence what you are experiencing. It is not uncommon for the cycle to be disrupted for a month or two after a hysteroscopy or laparoscopy.