Question
Posted by: flower1980 | 2007/02/19

Change

How can I help myself if I cant help myself.for the last week I have beenfeel depressed because people always complain about my manners.This weekend I had a major fight with my husband all becuase I am so stubborn.I feel thet I dont really like or love myself.
Last year I saw I social worker becuase I was depressed,I was raped and sexally abused when I was a child,not that talking about my problem has help me much.I feel that I do and say things even if I dont want to and it always end up hurting the next person especailly my husband.I dont want to be the person that I am,but I just cant help myself,secretly I know that I am going to be the cause of my divorce.I cant help it he is such a loving peson towards me I am physically and verbally abusive towards him and I dont know why he endures such behavoiur cause he is not afraid of me.I must honestly say if I had to be marrie to myself I would've ran milllion km already.Please help me ,I feel suidical,the only thing that really keeps me going is my 3 year old son

So, people complain about your manners and behaviour --- yet your comments suggest that you are aware that your behaviour can indeed be irritating. See a good local counsellor ( not necessarily a Social Worker ) who does CBT style therapy, and work through this. You can identify those aspects of your behaviour which are counter-productive, and change them for the better.