Question
Posted by: Habiba | 2007/08/17

Chances with IVF

Dear Fertility Expert

What are my chances with IVF with following D3 blood tests:

FSH:-16.3
LH: 4.3
Estradiol:110

I am told that my FSH is high which would affect egg quality.
There are no other abnormalities such as fibroids, endo, or cysts.
I am trying for 5 years.

Thanks in advance

Dear Habiba

The FSH levels certainly suggest increased ovarian resistance and hence one would not expect a very good response in terms of stimulation. The overall expected pregnancy rate is in the order of 10-15%.

2
Posted by: Dee | 2007/08/20

You can try wheatgrass to try and reduce your FSH. You could try stimulation and see what happens - you never know!

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Cherry | 2007/08/17

Hi Habiba,

I do hope you sit this cycle out, coz your FSH is way to high to even attempt IVF this month as it will most likely be unsuccessful and lots of money wasted.

Your FSH needs to be under 12 if I'm not mistaken to even have a remote chance of it being a good eggie.

Good Luck.

Reply to Cherry