Question
Posted by: Elle | 2006/04/04

Chances of pregnancy

I had my 3rd lap for endometriosis on Friday. They found new endo and used a laser on it as per the times before. My gynae has said that he reckons that if I want another child, I need to look at falling pregnant over the next 6 months. He says I have aggressive and active stage 2 endo. I have one child aged 15 months and really want to have another child. Is 6 months accurate? Will I need assistance if I decide to wait? What are my options here?

I am feeling a bit sad. He says I will end up having a hysterectomy. And then (obvioulsy) its way too late...

Dear Elle

I would recommend that an active approach be adopted to try and conceive as soon as possible. If the fallopian tubes are patent and normal, I would recommend that ovulation monitoring coupled with intra-uterine insemination be instituted as soon as possible (i.e. within the next cycle). Intra-uterine insemination is a relatively cheap procedure with a fairly high success in this type of situation.