Question
Posted by: Noddy | 2005/07/05

Chances of Pregnancy

Hi there, I'm a little worried. My boyfriend and I were sex early in the morning and when we finished he forgot to hold the condom at the top when we were separating and it stayed inside me and some of the sperm spilled when I moved. I'm on the pill Nordette and I take it every night except the night before I had forgotten it. What are the chances that I will get pregnant due to this mishap. Is there anything I can do at this point to avoid pregnancy?

If you missed a pill and took it within 12 hours, you would still be protected. there are instructions in the package insert on what to do when missing a Pill, depending on where in your cycle you are.

1
Posted by: Bobz | 2005/07/05

Hi Noddy,

Im not sure if you could fall pregnant having missed one pill, my suggestion would be to take the morning after, which must be taken within 72hrs of the contact, such as Norvelo or E-gen C... and resume taking ur monthly contraceptive once u receive your period.. Taking the morning after pill can make ur period come earlier or later...

Reply to Bobz