Question
Posted by: Lele | 2007/05/21

chaces of not being able 2 fall preg.

i took morning afters twice in two weeks and i have not had my periods in 3 months. what could be the problem. I spotted for an hour 2 weeks ago. does this mean i will have a normal cycle again and i will be able to fall pregnant when i try?

please help

Dear Lele

It is important to understand that too frequent use of the emergency contraceptive (morning after pill) can seriously interfere with the regular menstrual cycle. This hormonal upset may result in not only ovulatory dysfunction but can cause irregular shedding of the endometrium and thereby intermittent spotting and bleeding disorders. I would suggest that you do a home pregnancy test and if this negative consider using the combined oral contraceptive pill for at least two to three cycles to regulate your menses.