Question
Posted by: Roelie | 2007/12/10

Cesarean

My sister in law is 28 and will have cesarean birth 2morrow but plan to got to Port Edward on Saturday for a 8 day holiday.
She has two other kids of 4 and 1 year old respectively.
The husband is not supportive regarding childcare.
Would you recommend this and what are the implications.

Welcome to ph me on 0824156885
or e-mail to the above

Dear Roelie

I am sorry, we cant't email or phone - only answer on this forum.

Depending on where she lives, I really don't think that she should travel so soon after having a C/S. It takes about 6 weeks to recover fully, and for the first 2 weeks she will need help with the 1 year old. She should not drive by herself for the first 2-3 weeks.

Complications can be infection in the wound, delayed wound healing or opening up of the wound, bladder problems.