Question
Posted by: Leigh | 2008/01/09

Cesar Millian?????

I would like to find out what your opinion is on Cesar Millian, the renowned dog whisperer. If you are aware of his methods or have seen the show or read his book I would really like to know if his methods are good. I came across his site and it seems like he is a God Send for dog owners. I would love to get his book and apply his training methods to my lab and basset. Who are not terribly unbehaved but could certainly use some improvment especially in walks. The reason I am asking is because I came across some negative commentary about Cesar's methods. People warning that they are inhumane and outdated, I certainly dnt want to harm my dogs in anyway so some light on his training methods would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry I have no knowledge of his training methods.

2
Posted by: WR | 2008/01/09

Hi there,

Watched the DVDs and read the book - very good - the guy speaks a lot of sense. i dunno about the inhumane part though - I reckon a guy that takes a Pit Bull, about to be put-down for being a fighting dog - and then being able to have this dog run with the rest of the dogs in a matter of months cannot be a too bad person...!

Reply to WR
Posted by: Jean | 2008/01/09

I have his book "Cesar's Way" and whilst I found it a fascinating read and would love to implement his methods, I found that it just didn't work in my home. Perhaps I am not assertive enough or don't give off the right "assertive image" but I still can't get my dogs to not go completely nuts when it is time for them to go for a walk. I am just thinking that perhaps you need to know what to do anyway, as reading the book didn't seem to help me know what do.

Reply to Jean