Question
Posted by: BK | 2007/03/20

cervix tightly closed

(1) 8 weeks pregnant and saw my gynae for checkup. after he had done the internal he mentioned that my cervix is very tightly closed. is this a good or bad thing and why?
(2) also i live far out of town and we only have doctor (gp) during day - no one here works a/h. worse case scenario - in 1st trimester - how will i know when it is necessary to make an emergency trip to the nearest hospital (1 hour away). Thanks girlz!

It is good that the cervixi s tightly closed at 8 weeks.
If you have bleeding or pain, it would be necessary to see your doctor.

1
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/20

Not sure whether a tight cervix in a good or bad thing, but in the first trimester any form of spotting or bleeding is a cause for concern and you must be seen by a doctor as soon as is possible:)

Reply to Maya