Question
Posted by: Tasja | 2004/11/16

Cervix Bleeding or Period

Hi Gynaedoc

I am not to sure if it is Cervix Bleeding that I am having because I have not gone to see the gynae yet. But if it is Cervix Bleeding how long does it last normally? Is it the same as your normal period or not.

And how soon do you need to see a gynae for something like this. Because I am not to sure if this is Cervix Bleeding or my period that started two weeks to early even thought I am on the pill for many years. Do, I need to be worried about this.

There is not way of knowing whether you have bleeding from the cervix unless you are examined by a doctor. There is no hard and fast rule. It can be small or large amounts of bleeding and is often irregular. As you have had an irregular bleed, it would be advisable to see your gynaecologist.