Question
Posted by: jeannie | 2005/12/15

cervical spondylosis-back,leg, pain

have had c.spondylosis for over 10 yrs,i am female 55yrs,over past 12 months i have had lower back pain accompianied with leg pain, which within last 6 weeks has become very debilitating,i have pain whether walking or sitting, i now find i have painful ankles and knees which swell as day goes on,fingers are also affected as are my toes, i feel as if i am walking on pebbles, i am taking solpadol tablets for pain , i cannot take anti inflammatories because of stomach acid, is there anything else i can do to ease the teribble pain, i am unable to get out and about as i used to because of the pain,and miss my active life

Dear Jeannie,
You'll have to let someone look at your back, you may be pinching a nerve now - it is not always needed to operate, you can get a lot of relief with physiotherapy too. There are other prescription painkillers like Tramadol that you can use that won't burn your tummy but your dr needs to prescribe it. Being inactive actually makes it worse, so please go for a checkup.