Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2007/03/09

Cervical Erosion and strange discharge

My Gynae has told me that I have cervical erosion (ectopy). I have been experiencing a strange discharge. It started as watery brown, then got thicker and now is just a slightly bloody mucus. This has been going on for five days and am due to have my period in just over a week. Could this be a result of cervical erosion. I am currently on Yasmin and have been told that the pill can sometimes make the symptoms of cervical erosion worse.

Please help, I'm quite worried.

Many thanks

The symptoms could certainly be due to the erosion, and erosions are commoner on the Pill.