Question
Posted by: Patsy | 2005/11/28

Cervical erosion

I also wondered about an erosion on the cervix. Why and how does the inside lining come onto the outside. Is it at the opening - like the opening turning outwards? What does the erosion feel like - eroded skin or something and what if it gets more rubbed by a tampon or penis? Sorry for all questions.

If you look at my previous answer about cervical erosions, some of your questions will be answered. It is a bit like the opening turning outwards. It fells no different to the rest of the cervix. Bleeding can occur if rubbed by a tampon or penis.