Question
Posted by: Tania | 2007/03/29

Centimetres loss vs kilograms

Please could somebody clear this up for me. i have been on Herbalife for some weeks now and although i am feeling fantastic and losing weight as I can see a visible difference, the scale is not telling me that I am actually losing kilos! Everyone keeps telling me that I have lost centimetres! How can you lose weight yet the scale tells you different. Obviously I wouldn't mind to see that I have lost weight on the scale. I find this very strange, any comments please.

Dear Tania
It is perfectly possible to lose cm without seeing any changes on the scale. You may be retaining water which would stop changes in weight showing up on the scales, so while you are losing weight there is as yet no change in your body mass because of the water retention. If this diet regimen has still not cause weight loss after another 2 weeks, I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), so that she/he can check if you are not perhaps insulin resistant.