Question
Posted by: Angela | 2003/12/03

cemen drips out

Hi Doc,

I asked the Sexologist as well, not sure who would be able to help me. After sex a while ago, I went to the toilet and found that the cemen was dripping out. Is that normal? Why does it happen? I am worried that I might never fall pregnant if that happens.

Angela

Yes, it is normal. The semen has to go somewhere and a lot of it runs out. Enough sperm will get to the uterus for pregnancy to occur.

2
Posted by: Sam | 2003/12/04

Of course semen drips out - there is no where else for it to go!

If you're trying to fall pregnant. make sure you lie down for 30 - 45 minutes after sex to allow the sperm to swim and stay in as long as possible. After that you can get up and go to the toilet. Even if it drips out, there are still millions of sperm inside you and enough to make you conceive....

Reply to Sam
Posted by: A-okay | 2003/12/03

Angela
It is normal for semen to 'drip' out - you will still be able to conceive this way!

Reply to A-okay